A few years ago strange billboards started popping up all across America. And guess who sent them? GOD! No kidding, each of these message was attributed to God. They ranged from the profound to the hilarious. Here is what they say:
- “Loved the wedding. Invite me to the marriage.” –God
- “Don't make me come down there.” –God
- “Keep using my name in vain and I'll make your rush hour longer” -God"
- “Wherever you go, there I am.” –God
- “I don't question your existence.” -God
- “Have you read my #1 bestseller?” -God
- “I'm also making a list and checking it twice.” –God
- “If we don't communicate, you haven't got a prayer.” -God
- “Big bang theory? You have gotta be kidding.” -God
- “Lets meet at my house Sunday before the big game.” –God
One of the fundamental principles of the Christian faith is that God communicates with his people. He sometimes communicates through a burning bush like with Moses and sometimes through the still small voice in a storm like he did with Elijah.
The Psalmist writes, “The earth stands in awe of the signs of God.” The Book of Daniel proclaims, “How great are the signs of God.” Every day is an opportunity to hear the message of God in a new way. Every day there are signs and wonders of God all around us. So, are you seeing the signs God is sending you? If not, let me ask you a few barometer questions: Are you going too fast and not taking time for God? Are you in too much pain to look around? Are you too distracted by the chaos of life? Are you spending enough time in prayer?
Prayer is to the Christian what water is to the thirsty. Prayer is to the Christian both a life line and a 911 call. It is our visit with the one who made us and the tool God uses to give us eyes to see and ears to hear. Join us in prayer.