Wednesday Fellowship has been a hallmark FLC Senior Ministry for nearly 50 years. Every Wednesday, 40 to 60 seniors gather for devotions and hymns, led by a member of the pastoral team and followed by a delicious luncheon served by FLC volunteers. Many also come early to enjoy a 30-minute organ recital by Michael Olson, Minister of Music. Several stop by the parish nurse office to have their blood pressure checked and/or health-related questions addressed.
When and where does it meet?
Wednesday Fellowship meets weekly in the Chapel at 1:30, and concludes around 3:00 in the Celebration Hall. Many members come early to visit.
Special note: Limited bus service is available for north side Fargo residents and residents of Kinder House and Park East at no charge. Call the church office for details.
Birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions for members are recognized and celebrated. Prayer concerns are also shared. The ministry has contributed financially to many projects and programs at FLC through their weekly free will offerings.
What Wednesday Fellowship means to me: (Some testimonials from current members)
- It is a great opportunity to meet or become better acquainted with Christian friends, enjoy home-prepared luncheons, and be inspired by messages from the pastoral staff and other ministry staff.
- It is a wonderful time to get acquainted with other members and make new friends while allowing you to continue existing friendships and enrich your Christian life.
- It’s a best-kept secret, and one of the most fun FLC groups to join.
- Don’t wait until you think you are old enough, come and enjoy it now!
- It has helped me get through some of the grief following the death of my loved one.
- Good food (spiritually and physically), fellowship, and fun.
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Where: Chapel followed by luncheon in Celebration Hall